Hello!

If you read or see something that resonates with you, 
please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!


6.20.2009

Gratitude in contrast

olive tree - muslin, cotton, felt & burlap fabric collage

At the moment, I am thinking of the people in Iran, struggling against their religious rulers for basic rights that I take for granted. My husband has a sister - a lovely, graceful woman with a great sense of humor - who lives there, and we have not heard from her for awhile. She is fine, I'm sure, but certainly she is worried and wondering what happens next. I also wonder what happens next, and have been considering everything I have to be grateful for.
-a roof over my head.
-abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables
-the abililty to get up in the morning and make choices about my life (my own thoughts may be the only obstacles there are to attaining any goals I set up for myself....how lucky I am for that)
-a son with a wonderful sense of humor
-moments of quiet, looking out on a tree filled with green, green leaves
-the rhythm of crocheting while listening to Selected Shorts on my ipod
-the time to allow my son to wander or play as he pleases

2 comments:

Becca said...

Yes. I've been thinking similar thoughts lately, too. Sometimes the stressful everyday stuff weighs me down, but when I get back to some perspective, I can savor the amazing freedoms and simple pleasures I have available to me. Thank you for helping me get that perspective today.

Nicola said...

what a powerful post. thank you for the reminder. i used to do a daily gratitude list. i don't, but the concept is still strong for me.
i love the olive tree collage!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com